Monday, July 16, 2018

Getting There... Slowly but surely


Making Progress

Well when I look at all we have done on the farm so far since we have owned it for a little over two months, I feel like we have done a lot! The bathroom and our bedroom are nearly finished, we planted many trees and about half are doing well, we mowed paths to get to our fields and we are building rock gardens in front of the porch. I will be transplanting some peonies, day lilies and other plants from here, and/or some bulbs in September. 
However, when we look at the amount of work we still have to do on the farm it can seem a bit overwhelming. We must remember, we have five years and it will get done.

Here is a picture that shows some progress that was made on our bedroom this weekend.

I call this hand painted wallpaper; silver, white and gray trees. I figured since I can, I would just paint the image I want on the wall rather than mess with wallpaper. It looks like wallpaper, right? This was very easy!

New curtain rods and I washed the shear white curtains that came with the house for a fresh look. The wall color is called Morning Walk - a very light greenish, gray color.

It will look much better when the base boards are put back up and the carpeting is put in.








Next, Greg needs to do the electric in this room, put up a ceiling fan and light and a textured ceiling.
Our Rock Walls for our Flower Garden





A sweet surprise met me as I walked outside. A Mom and her kittens crossing through our yard. This little guy was having trouble keeping up and he stopped moving once he saw me. So Greg picked him up and carried him across the street where Mom and siblings went. I hope they found each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment