Tuesday, July 31, 2018

An Empty Nest



Bye, Bye, Birdies

Well the weekend came and ended. The birdies were gone when we arrived. All they left behind were bird droppings to give us a hint of what happened while we were away. There was a pile of droppings directly under the nest. There were also droppings in front of the porch railing spanning the length of it. I imagined the five little ones all lined up ready for their first flying lesson. 
I was sad to see them gone but also happy that they survived. I felt a loneliness though without them around.
Then suddenly, I was walking down the stairs and I glanced out the window to see some birds at the nest. I watched for a bit. There were two just like before.  However, then two more swooped in and sort of chased away the first two. This behavior went on for about 30 seconds and then both pairs left and never returned. I wondered what they were doing. Were they fighting over this territory? If so, I guess no one won. The bird nest still remains empty.
The First Landing

Here is where I imagine the five little birds lining up for their first flying lesson.







No comments:

Post a Comment