Sunday, September 30, 2018

Finishing Bedroom #2



Holding Back

I have to hold back, I feel, and be patient.  We are on our second bedroom and things are going well. This weekend I finished priming the ceiling, painted the ceiling, and painted the walls. I had to touch up the baseboards, clean the windows, and sweep the floor. I wanted to hang the drapes I bought; I'm so excited to see them up because they will look great with the wall color. However, I don't want them getting dirty and Greg and I have decided to look for some carpet remnants so we can truly finish the room. Once we get carpet in the room, I will hang the drapes. We still have to put up the baseboards on one half of the room.  All in all, it was another productive weekend. Oh, we also have a bed in our room now and it was so nice to sleep on a real bed. Still looking for a head board and foot board though. We are getting most things from Craigslist or restores, auctions, Estate sales etc.

On our trip up on Friday night we saw the most amazing sunset.

Simply amazing!

Doing some last minute touch-ups!

We found this great ceiling light/fan at the Habitat for Humanity Restore.






Oh, I also worked on my garden. I transplanted some peonies, planted spring bulbs, and transplanted Day Lilies and Mums.  I'm all set for fall and spring.

I'm so excited to look for carpet, head and foot boards, and hang the drapes. Hopefully, we will have some luck locating some of these items this week. I'm also very excited about next spring so I can see the results of my work in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment